Survey Project Leader
As a Survey Project Leader at JHA, you are an important contributor to the solutions we provide our clients. You are a highly-organized, detailed-oriented individual, who enjoys people and working with clients directly. You benefit from being a technically inclined professional who finds it enjoyable to work on a variety of projects. Here at JHA, you will have the opportunity to put your excellent interpersonal skills to use, grow in your profession and be part of a great team!
We are a multi-disciplinary engineering, land surveying & environmental consulting firm, with a growing team of professionals in Northeastern Pennsylvania. We are a privately owned, debt-free company that is continually working to build relationships with clients to ensure a strong, stable company far into the future. We promote an enjoyable work environment, and we truly care about our clients and each other. We offer an excellent benefits package including Health Insurance, Retirement Savings, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, 9 paid Holidays, Vacation, day off on your birthday, Personal Paid Time Off and profit sharing.
For this role, we expect you to have a minimum of a 2-year (4-year preferred) Surveying degree with 3 to 5 years of prior field experience and professionally be on a track to become a licensed Professional Land Surveyor or already have obtained licensure in Pennsylvania. Preference will be given to candidates who also have office experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Carlson Civil in prepping jobs, mapping, and calculations. You should be knowledgeable in Boundary Survey field procedures including adjustments and boundary resolutions. The position includes leading a project team on construction layout, boundary surveys, natural gas site development projects, and land development projects.
- Prepare and submit proposals to potential clients using both email and the phone
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of survey.
- Prepare and supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Demonstrate effective time management, keeping project budget and deadlines in perspective.
- Attend township approval meetings as necessary.
This is primarily an office role; however, attendance of approval meetings during the evening hours is essential and field work is required on occasion. Overnight travel may be necessary on rare occasions. We seek individuals who will have a servant mindset towards our clients and teammates.