Project Leader – Water/Wastewater
As a Project Leader on the Water and Wastewater team at JHA, you are an important contributor to the solutions we provide our clients. You are a highly-organized, detailed-oriented individual, who holds the client’s needs paramount. You benefit from being a technically inclined professional who finds satisfaction in solving complex problems with cost effective solutions. Here at JHA, you will have the opportunity to put your excellent interpersonal skills to use, grow in your profession and add value to an exceptional team!
We are a multi-disciplinary engineering, land surveying & environmental consulting firm, with a growing team of professionals in the Mid-Atlantic Region. We are a privately owned, debt-free company that is continually working to build relationships with clients to ensure a strong, stable company far into the future. We promote an enjoyable work environment, and we truly care about our clients and each other. We offer an excellent benefits package including Health Insurance, Retirement Savings, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, 9 paid Holidays, Vacation, day off on your birthday, Personal Paid Time Off and profit sharing.
For this role, we expect you to have a 4-year degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of prior experience and possessing specific emphasis and work experience in the water/wastewater services sector. P.E. licensure in Pennsylvania or one of the states in which JHA currently conducts business is necessary, or at the very least, be on a track to become a licensed P.E. Preference will be given to candidates who have their P.E license in multiple states. Your prior experience should include utilizing AutoCAD and/or similar software to design, create and manage plans/specifications. To be successful in this role, you will also need to have experience with funding and construction management for water and wastewater treatment projects.
- Responsible for guidance of team members serving you including mentoring, training, and reviewing work
- Conduct detailed evaluations and related to water/wastewater collection/conveyance, treatment, and distribution components and appurtenances.
- Conduct feasibility studies, opinion of probable cost, for the planning, design and construction of facilities
- Analyze the efficiency of water delivery systems, wastewater collection/conveyance systems, and water quality data
- Produce design calculations, design drawings and specification, permits and client proposals
- Review submissions, proposals, plans, and designs related to water/wastewater treatment systems for accuracy, completeness and compliance with industry and client standards
- Design/redesign of water and wastewater systems for facilities large and small
- Communicate with clients and your team as necessary working to overcome project obstacles
- Demonstrate effective time management, keeping the budget and deadlines in perspective
- Build relationships with current and potential clients seeking to identify their areas of greatest need